- The Organic Option - Success Stories
- Pat Lalor on Countrywide - RTE Radio 1
- Kilbeggan porridge now available in NYC
- Available in the U.S. from Dean & Deluca
- Interview on Pat Kenny - RTE Radio 1
- Kilbeggan Organic Porridge: simple success
- Porridge & Daffodils
- The Bridgestone Guides 2011 Awards
- Kilbeggan Organic Porridge is now in London and Birmingham
- Kilbeggan Organic Porridge featured on Nationwide
- Darina Allen's Flapjacks using Kilbeggan Organic Oats
- Kilbeggan Organic Porridge at Bloom 2012
- Bord Bia National Organic Awards 2011
- JFC Innovation Awards for Rural Business 2012
- National Organic Awards 2012
Kilbeggan Organic Porridge: simple success
Sometimes less is more. Now, sometimes more is definitely more too, but sometimes, less is more.
So it is with what has been a very successful run of organic porridge oats by one Pat Lalor. His own Kilbeggan Organic Porridge oats have been on sale since January. He has shifted 5000 units in 500 gr, 1 kg and 3 kg sizes thus far, and will finish off the 2011 batch with the last 1500 over the next month or so.
Its been impressive. He spent very little on branding, marketing or product design, choosing to work instead with a local printer, going for a simple rustic look and design. He took no significant risk as he sells oats to Flahavans anyway, and also grows oats as animal feed. And he has generated a noteworthy amount of completely free high profile advertising for this whole initiative. Nationwide on RTE 1, as well as the Pat Kerry show and Countrywide on RTE Radio 1 have all featured the product.
Read Full article on Oliver Moores Blog